Prep time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 40 minutes Servings: 12 muffins
2 cups green apples, cut into /4-inch pieces
3 Tbsp warm water
2 tsp cinnamon, divided
1 1/2 tsp butter or coconut oil
3 Tbsp coconut milk
1 1/2 tsp coconut flour 1/2 tsp baking soda Pinch of sea salt
– Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
– Saute the apples in a medium pan or skillet together with water and 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Cook until apple consistency is like apple pie filling or chunky applesauce. Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool.
– Prepare the egg mixture by combining eggs, coconut milk, coconut flour, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk until well combined.
– Combine cooled apples and egg mixture. Reserve 1/2 cup of the mixture for later use.
– Fill prepared muffin tins with the mixture, about 1/2 cup each.
– Top each muffin with 1 tsp of the reserved mixture and bake for about 40 minutes.