3 oz. mashed bean curd
3 oz. minced chicken
A pinch of minced ham
3 egg whites
2 tbsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. each minced ginger and scallion
Salt to taste
1 tbsp. sesame oil
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. vinegar
1 tbsp. tomato paste
1 tsp. sherry
1/2 lb. baby cabbage
2 tbsp. flour
2 cups vegetable oil
1. Mix bean curd, chicken, ham, one egg white,
1 tbsp. cornstarch, ginger, scallion, salt and sesame oil.
2. Mix cornstarch and the remaining egg whites into a paste.
3. Mix sugar, vinegar, tomato paste, cornstarch, sherry, salt, ginger and scallion.
4. Parboil cabbage leaves and rinse in cold water. Dry the leaves and flatten. Spread with bean curd mixture and roll into pieces about 2 inches. Roll the cabbage rolls in the flour, dip in the egg white paste and deep fry until they turn golden yellow. Place on a platter.
5. Heat oil. Pour in tomato mixture, pour over the cabbage rolls, and serve.