Prep time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 4 hours Servings: 3-5
3 lb beef short ribs
3 Tbsp butter
3 stalks celery, diced V2 yellow onion, diced
2 carrots, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 oz mushrooms, roughly chopped A handful of sage, rosemary and thyme, chopped
4 cups chicken stock
2 cups roasted marinara sauce or tomato sauce 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar Salt and ground black pepper
– Preheat the oven to 250°F/150°C.
– Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed ovenproof pot, over high heat.
– Sear the beef until golden brown crust is formed, then transfer beef to a large plate and set aside.
– To the same pot, add celery, onion, carrots, garlic and mushrooms and saute until vegetables are tender but not overcooked.
– Stir in tomato sauce, vinegar and herbs.
– Place beef ribs back to the pot. Stir once. Place parchment paper on top of the pot to cover the stew then place inside the oven and cook for about 4 hours or until meat flakes easily with a fork.
– Remove the pot from the oven carefully, then gently separate the bones from the meat. Discard the bones.
– Let the meat cool down and use your fingers to pull apart the meat.
– Add flaked meat back to the pot and serve immediately.