Prep time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 45 minutes Servings: 6
1 Tbsp coconut oil
2 large leeks (white and light green ends only). thinly sliced Salt and ground black pepper. to taste
1 V2 lbs carrots. peeled and cut into /4-inch coins 1/2 cup apple. diced
1 tsp fresh ginger. minced 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
4 cups chicken stock 1/2 cup coconut milk
– Melt coconut oil in a medium pan over high heat. then add leeks and generous pinch of salt. Saute leeks until soft. about 5 minutes.
– Stir in carrot. ginger. apple and cardamom Saute until fragrant.
– Pour in chicken stock and bring to a boil.
– Reduce the heat. cover the pan and let the soup simmer over low heat until carrots are soft. about 30 minutes. Stir in coconut milk.
– Pour the mixture into a food processor and process until smooth. Add salt and pepper as necessary.
– Serve in individual soup bowl and serve immediately.