Prep time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 45 minutes Servings: 6
1 Tbsp coconut oil.
2 large leeks (white and light green ends only). Thinly sliced Salt and ground black pepper. To taste.
1 V2 lbs carrots. Peeled and cut into /4-inch coins 1/2 cup apple. Diced.
1 tsp fresh ginger.
Photo Gallery of Carrot Cardamom Soup
Click to on Photo for Next Carrot Cardamom Soup Images
Minced 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
4 cups chicken stock 1/2 cup coconut milk.
– Melt coconut oil in a medium pan over high heat. Then add leeks and generous pinch of salt. Saute leeks until soft. About 5 minutes.
– Stir in carrot. Ginger. Apple and cardamom Saute until fragrant.
– Pour in chicken stock and bring to a boil.
– Reduce the heat. Cover the pan and let the soup simmer over low heat until carrots are soft. About 30 minutes. Stir in coconut milk.
– Pour the mixture into a food processor and process until smooth. Add salt and pepper as necessary.
– Serve in individual soup bowl and serve immediately.