Prep time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 40 minutes Servings: yields 1 loaf
1/2 cup almond meal.
1 tsp baking soda.
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon.
1/2 tsp vanilla extract.
4 Tbsp coconut oil.
1/2 cup ripe bananas, mashed.
1/2 cup dates, pitted and chopped.
1/2 cup carrots, grated.
1/2 cup desiccated coconut.
1/2 cup hazelnuts or pistachios, chopped roughly.
1/2 cup cranberries.
– Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
– Line a loaf pan or tin with parchment paper.
– Mix together almond meal, cinnamon and baking soda in a large bowl. Set aside.
– Whisk eggs in another bowl. Stir in coconut oil, vanilla and mashed bananas.
– In a large bowl, combine mashed banana mixture and almond meal mixture. Fold gently to combine.
– Add dates, grated carrots, desiccated coconut, chopped nuts and cranberries.
Photo Gallery of Carroty Coconutty Breakfast Loaf
Click to on Photo for Next Carroty Coconutty Breakfast Loaf Images
Mix gently. There should be no lumps of dates sticking together.
– Transfer the batter into the loaf pan or tin and bake until cake tester comes out clean, about 40 minutes.