Prep time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 40 minutes Servings: yields 1 loaf
1/2 cup almond meal
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
4 Tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup dates, pitted and chopped
1/2 cup carrots, grated
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup hazelnuts or pistachios, chopped roughly
1/2 cup cranberries
– Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
– Line a loaf pan or tin with parchment paper.
– Mix together almond meal, cinnamon and baking soda in a large bowl. Set aside.
– Whisk eggs in another bowl. Stir in coconut oil, vanilla and mashed bananas.
– In a large bowl, combine mashed banana mixture and almond meal mixture. Fold gently to combine.
– Add dates, grated carrots, desiccated coconut, chopped nuts and cranberries. Mix gently. There should be no lumps of dates sticking together.
– Transfer the batter into the loaf pan or tin and bake until cake tester comes out clean, about 40 minutes.