Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes Servings: 4
For the Chowder
2 Tbsp coconut oil 1 tsp cumin seeds 1 tsp brown mustard seeds
1 thumb-size piece ginger. minced
1 yellow onion. diced
4 garlic cloves. minced
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 can coconut milk
2 lbs flaky white fish Salt. to taste
2 Tbsp lime juice
For the Crou-tains
3 green plantains. diced
3 Tbsp coconut oil salt
– Melt coconut oil in a medium-sized soup pot over medium heat. then add cumin and mustard seed and saute for about 2 minutes.
– Add ginger. garlic and onion and continue sauteing until onion is soft.
– Stir in curry and garam masala powder. Pour in can of coconut milk and stir the mixture to combine.
– Add fish. Stir the mixture gently once in a while until the fish are cooked. Fish is cooked when flesh flakes easily when prick with fork.
– Turn off heat. then stir in lime juice.
– Meanwhile. make the crou-tains; heat coconut oil in a large pan or skillet. Add diced plantain and fry until the plantains are cooked and the edges are crusty and golden. It takes around 15 minutes to achieve the nice crust.