Almond milk can be purchased everywhere these days, you can even find it unsweetened. However, a lot of processed additives can throw you off course with your diet. The best thing you can do is to make your own yummy and fresh almond milk. Its really easy, but requires a blender, cheesecloth and a bowl.
2 cups of organic pre-soaked almonds.
Photo Gallery of Homemade Almond Milk
Click to on Photo for Next Homemade Almond Milk Images
5-6 cups of water.
1. Soak the almonds in a clean bowl with water for 5 hours.
2. Rinse the almonds until the water runs clear. (This takes away any anti-nutrients in the water, from the almonds)
3. Pour in the fresh water and almonds into a blender.
4. Process in the blender until you see the water has become almond milk.
5. Place the cheesecloth over the top of the blender and pour the resulting almond milk into a pitcher. You can even freeze the leftover almond meal pulp for future recipes calling for almond flour.
6. You can now enjoy your fresh almond milk. Add some vanilla powder or stevia drops to sweeten and add flavor. (Also cinnamon, cocoa, etc. Can be added for an easy and delicious treat).