I don’t follow a vegetarian diet permanently, but sometimes I’m just looking to go meatless. It’s kind of rest for my digestive system because I believe that incorporating more plant-based foods is the right way to boost my general health. Naturally, vegetarian diet includes more fiber, healthy micronutrients, and antioxidants. Also, meat-free meals include less saturated fat and Smart points.
Green Beans & Tofu
Time: 25 mins Number of servings: 4 Point value per serving: 3
One pound green beans Half cup pureed tofu One chopped onion Two tbsp olive oil
One and a half cup sliced mushrooms One cup vegetable broth
• Pour olive oil in your Instant Pot. When oil heats up, add onion and mushroom and saute for three minutes.
• Add green beans, pureed tofu, and vegetable broth. Stir well, seal pot and saute for fifteen minutes.
• Use rapid pressure release method and open lid carefully.
• Mix well, serve, and enjoy!
Sauteed Red Cabbage
Time: 20 mins Number of servings: 4 Point value per serving: 3
Six cups chopped red cabbage Half cup apple sauce Three minced garlic cloves One cup water One chopped onion One tbsp olive oil One tbsp apple cider vinegar Salt and pepper to taste
• Pour olive oil in your Instant Pot and select “Saute” function.
• When oil heats up, add garlic and onion and saute for two minutes.
• Now add all other ingredients and mix well.
• Seal pot with lid and cook on high pressure for ten minutes.
• Release pressure using rapid release method.
• Stir well, serve, and enjoy!