This seafood dish is commonly served on the beaches of Mexico. It is best served with sweet potato, lettuce, avocado and other side dishes that can complement its interesting flavors. If you want something completely different from your usual lunch, you have to give this dish a try. This recipe is good for one.
Mexican Ceviche Photo Gallery
1/4 pound halibut fillet
1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
1/4 green bell pepper, finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh tomato, finely sliced
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
chopped fresh cilantro, to taste
1/2 tablespoon white vinegar
1/8 teaspoon oregano
Salt and pepper, to taste
Avocado and black olives for garnishing Method:
1. Cut the fish into V2 inch pieces.
2. Squeeze lime juice over the fish. Stir. Then, store in the fridge overnight.
3. Before lunch, take the fish out and drain. Add the rest of the ingredients except for the avocado, lettuce and olives.
4. Toss well.
5. Arrange the lettuce on a serving dish.
6. Lay it flat and pour the fish mixture over it.
7. Add the black olives and avocado slices for garnishing. Serve and enjoy!