Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 50 minutes Servings: 4
4 ripe tomatoes. cut the tops off 4 eggs
4 slices bacon. cooked and diced
1 Tbsp ghee Salt and pepper to taste Fresh arugula for garnish
– Preheat the oven to 425°F/200°C.
– Clean or scrape the inside of tomato using a spoon. to make a presentable tomato ramekin.
– Divide diced bacon on each tomato ramekin.
– Meanwhile. scramble the eggs and divide them evenly on each tomato ramekin. Alternatively. crack each egg on each tomato ramekin if you like poached egg.
– Divide ghee and top each tomato evenly and season each tomato with salt and ground black pepper.
– Place or arrange tomatoes evenly on a glass baking dish and bake until eggs are fully cooked. about 45 minutes.
– Place tomato frittatas on a serving platter with a garnish of fresh arugula.