Prep time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 1 hour 10 minutes Servings: 4
1 spaghetti squash, halves and deseeded
13oz asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch length
V2 piece red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
– Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
– Place halved spaghetti squash face down on a baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
– Scrape the flesh of squash using a fork. Place squash in a bowl and set aside.
– Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat, then saute onion and garlic until onion is soft.
– Stir in asparagus and mushrooms and saute until asparagus is slightly tender but still crunchy. The moment it changes color, it is done.
– Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut milk and rosemary. Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.
– To make a crust for quiche, line a deep pie dish with cooked spaghetti squash. Press the spaghetti squash on the bottom and sides, pressing gently to make it even.
– Pour egg mixture over the squash. Spread mushrooms and asparagus on top of the egg mixture and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes or until set.