10 whole green olives in brine.
4 fillets (~ 5oz each) Fresh seabass
2 celery sticks. Chopped 1 onion. Finely chopped Extra virgin olive oil.
Photo Gallery of Sea Bass With Olive And Caper Sauce
Click to on Photo for Next Sea Bass With Olive And Caper Sauce Images
1 oz salted capers. Well rinsed. Drained and chopped.
2 Tbsp of tomato puree.
2 Tbsp of white wine vinegar.
2 Tbsp of honey.
1/2 cup fish stock.
V2 clove of garlic. Minced.
Handful of fresh parsley. Finely chopped.
– Use a sharp knife to make four cuts in each olive from end to end. And carefully remove each segments from the stone.
– Steam sea bass fillets over a pan of boiling water. Covered. For about 12 minutes or until firm (cooking time depends on the thickness of the fish).
– Meanwhile. Boil some water in a heavy saucepan and add the chopped celery and cook until the celery softens. About 1-2 minutes.
– Remove the celery from the boiling water. Using a slotted spoon. Drain celery in a paper towel.
– To the same water. Add the onion and cook for 1 minute. Just to soften the onion.
– Remove the onion from the boiling water. Using a slotted spoon. Drain onions in a paper towel.
– Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and saute the pre-cooked celery and onions. Stirring gently for a few minutes. Then stir in the olives and capers and saute for a few more minutes.
– Stir in tomato puree. Vinegar. Honey and fish stock. Cook over medium heat. Stirring frequently until the liquid reduce and thickens slightly.
– Transfer the steamed fish fillets on a serving platter and pour the sauce over.
– Stir the chopped parsley and garlic together in bowl until well combined and sprinkle over the top. Serve.