How can you have a satisfying meal that leaves you feeling full, but without a high Smart-points value? Start your meal with soup. The water in soups increases a size of the portion without increasing energy content.
It has been proven that eating soup more often reduces the risk of obese. People who start their meal with soup eat up to 20% fewer Smart points.
Simple Tomato Soup
Time: 30 mins Number of servings: 6 Point value per serving: 3
Two 15-oz cans diced tomatoes with all juice
Four whole sun-dried tomatoes but choose not oil-packed
Two and a half cups vegetable stock
Two and a half tbsp butter
One chopped onion
One chopped carrot
One rib celery, chopped too
Two tbsp all-purpose unbleached flour
One tsp dried basil
One tsp salt
Half tsp dried marjoram Pinch of baking soda Half tsp freshly ground pepper
• Start with sauteing onion in your Instant Pot for two minutes.
• Then add carrot, marjoram, celery, and basil. Saute for four minutes.
• Now add the flour and cook for a one minute.
• Add the rest of the ingredients and close the lid. Select the “Manual” function to cook on high pressure for eight minutes.
• Make a natural release of pressure. Then blend your soup until smooth in your blender or food processor.
• Serve and enjoy!
Time: 40 mins Number of servings: 8 Point value per serving: 3
Four cups beef stock
Half pound diced baby bella mushrooms
Half cup pearl barley
One small onion, diced
One diced celery stalk
One diced carrot
Two chopped garlic cloves
Two thyme sprigs
One sage sprig
Half tsp of salt
Pinch of fresh ground pepper
Pinch of garlic powder
• Place all mentioned above ingredients in your Instant Pot.
• Select the “Manual” function to cook at high pressure for twenty minutes.
• Make a natural release of pressure for ten minutes, after that make a quick release.
• Stir well.
• Serve and enjoy!