Prep time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 55 minutes Servings: 4-6
2 cups spaghetti squash strands, cooked 8oz organic nitrate-free bacon, cut into /4-inch pieces
1 yellow onion, chopped
4oz Gruyere cheese, shredded
1 tsp fine salt
Ground black pepper to taste
– Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
– Grease an 8×8-inch glass baking dish generously with butter.
– Heat a large skillet over medium heat, then fry bacon pieces for about 5 minutes.
– Add chopped onion and saute with the bacon for about 10 minutes or until onions are soft and the bacon is crispy.
– Transfer the sauteed mixture on a large mixing bowl. Add the cooked spaghetti squash and 3oz of shredded cheese. Season lightly with salt and ground black pepper. Mix gently.
– Spread mixture on the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
– Bake for about 40 minutes or until top is lightly golden and the center is set. Set aside for 15 minutes.
– Serve at room temperature.
– Store leftover casserole in a sealed container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.