Prep time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 55 minutes Servings: 4-6
2 cups spaghetti squash strands, cooked 8oz organic nitrate-free bacon, cut into /4-inch pieces.
1 yellow onion, chopped.
4oz Gruyere cheese, shredded.
1 tsp fine salt.
Ground black pepper to taste.
– Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
– Grease an 8×8-inch glass baking dish generously with butter.
– Heat a large skillet over medium heat, then fry bacon pieces for about 5 minutes.
– Add chopped onion and saute with the bacon for about 10 minutes or until onions are soft and the bacon is crispy.
– Transfer the sauteed mixture on a large mixing bowl. Add the cooked spaghetti squash and 3oz of shredded cheese. Season lightly with salt and ground black pepper. Mix gently.
– Spread mixture on the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
– Bake for about 40 minutes or until top is lightly golden and the center is set.
Photo Gallery of Spaghetti Squash
Click to on Photo for Next Spaghetti Squash Images
Set aside for 15 minutes.
– Serve at room temperature.
– Store leftover casserole in a sealed container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.