Prep time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 2-3 hours Servings: 6-8
2 Tbsp coconut oil.
2 cups onion, diced.
4 garlic cloves, minced.
2 lbs ground beef
1 tsp dried oregano.
Photo Gallery of Spicy Cocoa Beef Chili
Click to on Photo for Next Spicy Cocoa Beef Chili Images
2 Tbsp chili powder.
2 Tbsp ground cumin.
1 1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder 1 tsp ground allspice 1 tsp salt.
1 can (6oz) tomato paste 1 can (14. 5oz) fire-roasted tomatoes.
1 can (14. 5oz) beef broth.
1 cup water.
– Heat coconut oil in a large pot or heavy saucepan over medium heat.
– Add onion and saute until soft and translucent, about 7 minutes.
– Add garlic and saute until fragrant.
– Using your hands, crumble the ground beef into the pan. Mix well, stirring and pressing the lumps with a wooden spoon and cook until beef is no longer pink.
– Meanwhile, crush oregano into small bowl in between your fingers to release the flavor. Add chili powder, cocoa, cumin, allspice and salt. Mix well.
– Add this mixture to the pot. Stir.
– Stir in tomato paste and cook for about 2 minutes.
– Stir in fire-roasted tomatoes including its juice, beef broth and water. Stir gently. Bring mixture to a boil.
– Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer over low heat for at least 2 hours.