Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes + 30 minutes cooling Servings: 8 bars
1 1/2 cups walnuts. chopped
1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
2 ripe bananas
1 tsp vanilla extract 1/2 tsp salt Strawberry jam
– Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
– Line one loaf pan with parchment paper.
– In the bowl of a food processor. combine 1 cup walnuts and 1 cup coconut flakes. Pulse the mixture to break up into pieces. Add ripe bananas. vanilla extract and salt. Blend until the mixture is well combined.
– Place mixture in to a loaf pan. smoothen the top evenly with a rubber spatula and bake for about 25 minutes.
– Toast remaining coconut flakes in a skillet or frying pan over medium heat. stirring frequently. Transfer toasted coconut flakes in a small bowl and combine with remaining 1/2 cup walnuts.
– Spread a thin layer of strawberry jam over top of bars. then sprinkle the toasted coconut/walnut mixture on top. scattering evenly.
– Bake again for another 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
– Remove the loaf pan out from the oven and set aside to cool.
– Slice the bars and refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving.
– Store the remaining bar in the refrigerator.
– Best served chilled.