– Do a spot test. Conduct a spot test before using any essential oil to rule out any allergic reaction. Add 1 drop of essential oil to 15 drops of a carrier oil. Rub it on a spot on your upper arm. It is safe to use if your skin shows no negative reaction after 12 hours.
– Use the appropriate dilutions of the oils before usage. Lavender is an exception to the dilution rule. It can be used neat for burns, cuts, bug bites, scrapes and so on.
– Pregnant women and individuals with conditions like hypertension, epilepsy and so on must be careful with essential oils.
– Do a spot test if you sensitive skin or allergies.
– Keep your essential oils out of reach of children.